How to Raise a Concern or Complaint

If you have a concern about the service you have received from the doctors or staff working in this practice, please let us know. Any feedback, suggestions, compliments or concerns will help us to improve the service we offer (feedback, suggestions and compliments can be sent via the 'Contact Details' tab at the top of the page).


We want to give you a good service, but sometimes things do go wrong and you may want to complain or just want to tell us about your concerns or suggest improvements.


How to raise a concern or Complaint (the process)

We hope that most problems can be solved at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be solved this way and you wish to make a formal complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible as this will help us to establish what happened more easily.


Please be assured that raising a concern will not be taken negatively and will not adversely affect the future care you receive.


If you wish to raise a concern please telephone or write to Mike Anderson, Practice Manager or any of the doctors. You may prefer to discuss your concern face to face in which case an appointment can be arranged with Mike Anderson or one of the partners.


Access to your medical records and personal information will be limited to what is relevant to the investigation of your concern and will only be disclosed to people who need to know in order to investigate your concern.


You can also raise your concern with the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board by writing to:
The Concerns Team, Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2PW.
Tel: 01248 384194 Fax: 01248 385318 or Email:


Who can raise a concern?

If you are unable to raise your concern yourself, then someone else, such as a relative or friend can do it for you. You will need to give your written consent.


Where a patient is unable to give written consent, you may need to show that you are their next of kin or have their agreement. You can also raise a concern about care given to a patient who has died.


Do you need help in raising a concern?

If you need help or support in raising a concern you can contact the Community Health Council at:
Unit 11, Chestnut Court, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 4FH Telephone: 01248 679284, Email: or click on the following link for further information


What happens when you raise a concern?

We will acknowledge your concern within 2 working days.


We will then investigate your concern to find out what happened. You will receive a

written reply within 30 working days.


If it is not possible to complete the investigation within this time, we will inform you of the reason for the delay and when you can expect to receive a reply.


We may invite you to meet us to discuss your concerns if we feel this would help resolve matters sooner.



What if you are still dissatisfied?

If you remain dissatisfied you may wish to refer the matter to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales, who can be contacted by telephone on 0845 601 0987 (calls are charged at a local rate), Fax: 01656 641199 or by e-mail: His postal address is: Public Services Ombudsman for Wales, 1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae, Pencoed CF35 5LJ and the website address is


A record of your concern will be kept for 10 years.






NHS WalesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website